Continuous monitoring, as a security function, has strong government roots and is deeply referenced across various standards including NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-137. VerSprite’s SecOps teams provides federal agencies and underlying operating divisions with custom audit solutions aimed at resolving the following challenges in Federal IT infrastructure.
- Rogue asset detection for both physical and virtual environments
- Cloud audits for both private and public Cloud environments
- Configuration baseline security audits and monitoring for changes
- Monitoring and reporting security configuration changes
Entities that are having to comply with the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA) often struggle with understanding how to apply Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTAs) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) into a roadmap of security control development efforts. VerSprite builds and manages Project Objectives and Milestones (POAMs) for clients and helps them achieve a timely completion to FISMA compliance efforts, which is often a challenge for most to finish on a timely basis. With over 15 years of experience in building, applying NIST 800 series controls along with FIPS 140 standards to IT controls, let us combine our expertise with your expertise in understanding/ managing your IT infrastructure in achieving an authority to operate (ATO) for your business.
If you are an existing PaaS, IaaS, and/ or SaaS player, you already probably know the vast opportunities in serving Federal agencies with Cloud related services. FedRamp is a tollgate to directly and even indirectly serving the Federal market. VerSprite has led compliance efforts for many mid to large CSPs (Cloud Service Providers) who need security experts who can translate control requirements into control implementations and manage the needed risk analysis and overall project of not only achieving but also maintaining FedRamp compliance. As part of our FedRamp services, VerSprite performs the following:
- Initial control gap analysis to all FedRamp controls based upon impact categorization level.
- Development and management of Project Objectives and Milestones (POAM)
- Risk analysis for compensating controls and acceptable risk areas
- Administrative and technical control development
- System Security Plan (SSP) development